Cheese is one of the favorite dishes in every family. And we offer an original recipe of roses from potatoes, which will decorate the festive table
Potato roses with parmesan will not only become an exquisite decoration of a festive plate, but also present an unforgettable, warm, buttery and crisp taste. Only half an hour of preparations and fragrant baked potatoes in the oven with cheese are ready, but if you decide to encroach on an ideally beautiful rose, get ready to spend a couple of minutes more.
Ingredients for Roasted Potatoes with Cheese
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese (leave also extra cheese for decoration)
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt flakes
From the proposed amount of ingredients you will get about 24 mini-roses.
How to cook potatoes in the oven with cheese: step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Lubricate the baking pan with butter and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes very thin to makepetal slices.
- Cut each “petal” in half, and place them all in a bowl of cold water.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Dry the potatoes by placing them between two waffle or paper towels.
- Take 15 petals and twist them as tight as possible, then lower them into a cake pan in a baking dish. To complete the rose, add a few more petals.
- Cover the resulting roses with melted butter. Then sprinkle with grated parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes until edges getbrownish-goldenshade. Leave the roses to cool for 5 minutes.
Tips for cooking potatoes with cheese in the oven
- To make the roses beautiful, choose potatoes of approximately the same size.
- Do not cut slices in advance so that the potatoes do not oxidize.
- Use a slicer or vegetable cutter to speed up the process and make the petals the same.
- The fresher the ingredients, the better.