In the first days after childbirth, as a rule, the maternity hospital staff and the closest ones come to help the young mommy.After returning home, friends and relatives take over the baton, who try, with what they can, to make life easier for the mother.
Unfortunately, often their good intentions turn into mountains of unnecessary toys, very cute, but never once dressed, suits and a fridge of goodies that a nursing mother should not even look at.
In order for the help to be practical, we offer a list of tips from the author of the column in the "Huffington Post" and the mother of two children, Shelly Lopez Gray, than you can help young mothers:
1. Take their older children for a walk.Take them with anything - just take them away for a while from home. It is much more difficult to cope with a newborn when the older one is at home, who also needs attention.
2. Bring food. Better ready.Healthy and natural. And ideally in disposable containers. Try to minimize its tasks.It is better if it is something useful, easily and quickly heated, and the container can be simply thrown away and forgotten.
3. Crab up and pay for the house attendant who will clean up the mess.Most. Best. Present. Believe it. Of course, you personally can help with cleaning. But, most likely, the young mistress will be uncomfortable to watch her friend or one of her relatives clean up after her. It is much easier to ignore and engage in the baby, while a stranger is removed, who has been paid, and in front of which it will not be so embarrassing for the mess and dirty things.
4. Look after the child while the parents take a nap or just take time for themselves.It is better if you take the baby for a walk, then the probability that a caring mom will not drop in every 5 minutes and check if everything is under control.
5. Be especially attentive if the child has any problems or deviations.It is even more difficult to cope with such children and young parents really need any help.
6. Go to the store instead.Or not, it is better to look after the child while she goes to the grocery store. Believe me, for her it will be a real “way out to people” and a great way to escape.
7. Make a sign or sticker on their front door that says "Quiet: baby is sleeping."A very useful thing, because it feels like as soon as the child falls asleep, the moment seems suitable for postmen, couriers, neighbors or local sectarians to ring the doorbell.
8. Going to visit, buy a pack of diapers.They come in handy much more than, for example, new stunningly trendy jeans. And they are quite expensive. Do not forget to just specify the size, so as not to lose. More budget option: baby wipes.